Box 354, Invermere, B.C., V0A 1K0
Ph: (604) 342 3214, mobile 250 270 0061, CH natel 078 755 9841, E-mail: email@example.com
- B.A. in Politcal Science and Anthropology – York University 1973
- International Mountain Guide certification (UIAGM) 1979
- Canadian Ski Instructor certification (CSIA) – 1978
- Canadian Avalanche Association Professional member 1979 – 2005
- Emergency Medical Technician certification (EMT) 1978 – 2005
- Blasters Certification 1978 – 2005
- Working knowledge of English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese
Owner/Operator – Mountain Adventures Guiding private clients on the major peaks in Canada, in the Alps, East Africa, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, New Zealand and India. Guiding ski touring in Canada and Europe and leading trekking groups in India, Africa and Patagonia.
- Mountain Guide – Zermatt Guides Bureau, Switzerland 1995 – 2004
- Heli Ski Guide – CAnadian Mountain Holidays 1998 – 2007
- Heli Ski Guide – R.K. Helicopter Skiing – Panorama B.C. 1983 – 98 Responsible for organizing operations
- Mountain Guide – Alpine Guides Mt Cook, New Zealand winter season 1992
- Technical Director and Training Course Instructor for the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides – 1986 – 94 – with responsibility for standards and training of new mountain guides
- Heli Ski guide – Purcell Helicopter Skiing – Golden B.C. – 1979 – 82
- Climbing Supervisor – for 25 instructors for the Canadian Army 1978 – 87
- Avalanche Technician – Snow Research and Avalanche Warning Group, Roger’s Pass, Glacier National Park – 1975 – 78
Location scouting, location safety, helicopter logistics, helicopter safety, heli slinging, remote camp logistics, rigging, stunt coordinating…
- Molson Ice Commercial HB Creamer with Mike Weiss Location scouting, rock and ice climbing stunts and rigging
- Molson Light Commercial Momentum Films with Perry Beckham Location scouting, safety and rigging
- Alive with Robin Mounsey and Scott Flavelle Location scouting, safety coordinator, assisted Stunt Crew and Stunt Coordinator
- Ace Ventura with Robin Mounsey Location scouting, safety coordinator, assisted Stunt Crew and Stunt coordinator to plan and set up stunt shots
- RAP Ski films RAP Productions with James Angrove (several locations) Safety coordinator
- T-Rex Productions Imax film – rigging and safety for stunts Canadian Stunt Coordinator with Mike Weiss
- Discovery Channel – Eco Challenge Races – Media Mountain Guide Co-ordinator – Argentina, New Zealand, Fiiji.
- skied from the age of 5 years
- three seasons as an Avalanche technician ski touring in Rogers Pass
- Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance since 1978
- Heli Ski Guide since 1978, with responsibilities including: snow stability
- extensive ski touring experience in Western Canada, the Swiss Alps and New Zealand.
evaluation, helicopter safety, run selection, supervision of up to 10 guides and 90 skiers daily. Currently at CMH Bugaboos.
professional mountaineer with experience in all facets of the sport,
including: trekking, rock climbing, big wall climbing, mountaineering, ice climbing, ski touring and heli skiing
Canada: most major peaks including: Mt. Assiniboine, Mt Robson, Mt. Waddington, Bugaboo Spires, Mt. Columbia, Mt Alberta, Sir Donald
USA: Mt. Rainier, Grand Teton, Devil’s Tower, El Capitan, Half Dome, Mt. McKinley.
Mexico: Popocatepetl , Orizaba.
Ecuador: Cotopaxi (19,000 ft), Cayembe(18,000 ft), Chimborazo, Illaniza N.
Peru: Huascaran (22,199 ft), Alpamayo (19,506 ft), Yerupaja (21,759 ft)
Chile: Torre Norte del Paine.
Argentina: Fitzroy, Aconcagua (22,600 ft).
East Africa: Mt. Kenya (17,052 ft), Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft).
Europe: Matterhorn, Mt. Blanc, Eiger, Monte Rosa, Weisshorn, Mt Elbrus.
Nepal: Dhauligiri VI (23,740 ft).
Pakistan: Broad Peak (26,370 ftIndia: Shivling (21,450 ft).
Indonesia: Carstensz Pyramid.
China: Mt Everest (29.028 ft).
Antartica: Mt. Vinson.
New Zealand: Mt Cook.